# 4.7.0 Release Notes
Name: "Orc yellowgreen gift" Release Date: October 6, 2022
- Download the Releases (opens new window)
- Sign up for Release Notes (opens new window)
- Watch the Live Stream Release Recap (opens new window)
- Upgrade instructions
Check out the new features and enhancements for PagerDuty Process Automation (formerly Rundeck Enterprise), PagerDuty Runbook Automation, and Rundeck Community included in this release. This release includes a new plugin for CloudWatch that simplifies the management of diagnostics queries, an incubating feature that helps users understand the return on investment (ROI) of jobs, and a number of security and compliance updates and bug fixes.
View our Twitch stream review of this release live on Wednesday, October 12 at 10AM Pacific. Here’s the event link (opens new window).
# Process Automation Updates
Also includes all Open Source updates from below
ROI Metrics Data (incubating) - Process Automation provides value with each workflow execution. Users report saving time, money, and often a combination of both. Now, Process Automation users have a way to track time and money saved, as well as begin to see insights into the effectiveness of teams and projects.
The ROI Metrics integration tracks user-defined value of each job execution and stores key value pairs against jobs to help you understand the ROI per job execution. The metrics accessible via API for further analysis. Find out more here.
CloudWatch Logs Saved Query plugin - This new plugin can help users improve incident response and streamline reporting. Amazon customers often save queries for CloudWatch Logs Insights for common reporting and investigation tasks. Now, Runbook Automation and Process Automation customers can use this plugin to execute saved queries as Job steps within their automated runbooks. This allows domain-experts to delegate queries to others as self-service. For incident response, this plugin also helps automate diagnostics by giving responders the ability to pull logs into a PagerDuty incident without escalating to experts. Full details and documentation for the new plugin can be found here.
Enhanced Progress Badge Plugin - The Progress Badge plugin can create graphic badges that render on the Log Output tab. Now, the enhanced Progress Badge allows users to present simplified log-output text to other job-steps and provides the option to include emoticon status-symbols. For users implementing Automated Diagnostics, this gives domain-experts the ability to simplify diagnostics in an easier to consume way. Find the full documentation for the enhanced plugin here.
# Additional Updates
- Cleanup/fix some restart flags on System Configuration entries.
- Fix: PagerDuty notifications fail if the Summary field contains unknown variables
- Fix: Unexpected FailureReason string causes node execution to result in success
- Fix: JIRA Notification Plugin Shows password in plain text
- Fix: Runner in-product downloads erroring on windows
# Rundeck Open Source Product Updates
- Improvements on job file option input sanitation (opens new window)
- Adding job start failure JMX metric. (opens new window)
- Fix: Minor GUI Bug on Webhook Plugin dropdown (opens new window)
- Fix: Project menu dropdown 'Create project' breaks with an app context path (opens new window)
- Fix: Improved error handling on importing a Project with missing plugins (opens new window)
- Fix: Removed the hardcoded 'Documentation' string in the 'get help' URL in the footer (opens new window)
- Fix: UI update to prevent the login box from being obscured by large images (opens new window)
- Fix: Added regex validation to LogFilter 'Key Value Data' capture (opens new window)
# Community Contributors
- Reiner (MegaDrive68k (opens new window))
- Lucas Canavosio (lcanavosio (opens new window))
- JP Lassnibatt (jplassnibatt (opens new window))
# Staff Contributors
- Greg Schueler (gschueler (opens new window))
- Alberto Hormazabal Cespedes (ahormazabal (opens new window))
- Alexander Abarca (alexander-variacode (opens new window))
- Antony Velasquez Ruiz (avelasquezr (opens new window))
- Carlos Eduardo (carlosrfranco (opens new window))
- Christopher McCarroll-Gilbert (chrismcg14 (opens new window))
- Darwis Narvaez (DarwisNarvaezDev (opens new window))
- Eric He (ehe-pd (opens new window))
- Forrest Evans (fdevans (opens new window))
- Imad Jafir (imad6639 (opens new window))
- Jake Cohen (jsboak (opens new window))
- Jason Brooks (jbrookspd (opens new window))
- Jason Qualman (qualman (opens new window))
- Jesus Osuna (Jesus-Osuna-M (opens new window))
- Leonel Juarez (L2JE (opens new window))
- Luis Toledo (ltamaster (opens new window))
- Miguel Ramos (mishingo (opens new window))
- Osman Albarran (Oalbarran94 (opens new window))
- Rodrigo Navarro (ronaveva (opens new window))
- Stephen Joyner (sjrd218 (opens new window))