# 4.1.0 Release Notes
Name: "Kaiju olivedrab camera" Release Date: April 13th, 2022
Warning: This version of Rundeck updates the libraries used for the built-in H2 database. The new version is not compatible with the old version. There is no mechanism to migrate a database to the new version automatically without including the old, vulnerable libraries.
Check out the new features and enhancements for the commercial products (Runbook Automation and Process Automation On Prem formerly Rundeck Enterprise) and Rundeck Community included in this release.
- H2 is updated to version 2.x to address a Critical vulnerability.
- Fixed scenario where
httpsconnections were reverting to
httpwhen running behind a load balancer.
- Grails upgraded to
5.1.6which addresses some cosmetic logging issues in the 4.0.0 version.
- Spring Framework is upgraded to
5.3.18to address CVE-2022-22965 (opens new window)
# Commercial Versions
# New Plugins
We continue to add plugins to help automate cloud operations. New plugins include:
- Job Steps to pull AWS CloudWatch logs into Job Output. These new plugins retrieve diagnostic data from AWS infrastructure and applications making it easier to run automated diagnostics for AWS across multiple accounts and products.
- AWS EC2 Node Health Check
- GCP Compute Node Health Check
- Ability to set custom DataDog API URLs for customers outside the U.S.
- Private IP address is now visible on nodes from Azure Node Source.
# Improved Configuration Management
Configuration of SSO settings in Configuration Management no longer require a restart. Changes are also propagated to other cluster members upon saving.
# Additional Updates
- Fix Calendars Cancel button refresh issue
- Fix: CPU usage showing negative value in Cluster Manager
- Propagate system configuration refresh to other cluster members
- Remove PagerDuty Impact Metric plugin
- Fix Bug in Calendars related to quote characters in Job Options
- Upgrade grails 5.1.6 and Spring 5.3.16
# Core Product Updates
- CVE-2020-36518 fix (recreate 7626) (opens new window)
- Fixes CVE-2020-36518 (opens new window)
- Fix Duplicated ACL Policies on Export Screen in Cloud (opens new window)
- Update grails to 5.1.6, spring to 5.3.18 (opens new window)
- Bump postcss to resolve build error (opens new window)
- Improve dark-mode markdown table visibility (opens new window)
- Ace editor no contrast in dark mode (opens new window)
- Fix: CPU usage showing negative value (opens new window)
- Ansible plugin moved to
rundeck-pluginsGitHub Org (opens new window)
- Fix Custom Logo Alignment and Sizing (opens new window)
- Update Sections with consistent page title formats. (opens new window)
- Update Javadoc in ExecutionLogger.java (opens new window)
- Allow old quoting behavior (opens new window)
- Upgrade axios from 0.18.1 to 0.21.3 (opens new window)
- Upgrade grails 5.1.6 and Spring to 5.3.16 (opens new window)
- Upgrade h2 library version to 2.x (opens new window)
- Fix can not uncheck the "Keep going on success" option for error handler (opens new window)
# Community Contributors
- Travis Yoder (trayo)
- Paul Calabro (paulcalabro)
# Staff Contributors
- Greg Schueler (gschueler)
- Stephen Joyner (sjrd218)
- Imad Jafir (imad6639)
- Luis Toledo (ltamaster)
- Rodrigo Navarro (ronaveva)
- Carlos Eduardo (carlosrfranco)
- Miguel Ramos (mishingo)
- Christopher McCarroll-Gilbert (chrismcg14)
- Jason Qualman (qualman)
- Alexander Abarca (alexander-variacode)
- Alberto Hormazabal Cespedes (ahormazabal)
- Leonel Juarez (L2JE)
- Eric He (ehe-pd)
- Forrest Evans (fdevans)
- Darwis (DarwisNarvaezDev)
- Antony Velasquez Ruiz (avelasquezr)