# 4.13.0 Release Notes
Name: "Wyvern red headphones" Release Date: May 15th, 2023
- Download the Releases (opens new window)
- Sign up for Release Notes (opens new window)
- Upgrade instructions
- Watch the Live Stream Release Recap (opens new window)
Check out the new features and enhancements for PagerDuty Process Automation, PagerDuty Runbook Automation, and Rundeck Community included in this release. This release includes enhancements to the Enterprise Runner, the SSM Node Executor plugins, and a new plugin suite. See below for the full release highlights.
View our Twitch stream review (opens new window) of this release live on May 16.
- Plugins on Enterprise Runner: The Enterprise Runner is used to automate tasks in secure, remote environments. With this latest release, the SQL Run Command, Github Run Script, VMware Node Steps, and File Transfer plugins have been added to the Runner’s capabilities. These additions enable users to more quickly author automation for their remote environments by using plugins instead of scripts and commands.
- Ad-hoc commands through Runner: There are cases when it is useful to quickly run on-demand commands to a selection of nodes - such as checking package version information or tmp directory files. Ad-hoc commands can now be run through the Enterprise Runner, allowing users to specify a Runner to execute commands on one or multiple nodes. This helps with both ad-hoc tasks as well as improving the setup and testing experience of the Enterprise Runner.
- SSM across multiple AWS accounts: The AWS Systems Manager plugins enable users to execute commands and scripts across their EC2 instances and ECS containers. Users can now orchestrate automation across all of their AWS accounts from a single project, reducing time and potential for human error for critical tasks. Read the technical How To article to learn more.
- Sensu Plugin Suite: The new Sensu plugin suite makes it easier for users to set up and manage the integration between Process Automation and Sensu. Whereas before users would have to configure the properties for the integration of the Project or Framework configuration file, this can now be configured in the Plugin Suite user-interface (see below).
# Security Updates
- Upgrade to spring 5.3.27 as required by CVE-2023-20863 (opens new window)
- Upgrade spring-security to 5.8.3 as required by CVE-2023-20862 (opens new window)
# Additional Enterprise Updates
- Cross account AWS SSM Enhancement
- Fix: Display Server Name in Cluster Manager
- Add Sensu Plugin Group
# Rundeck Open Source Product Updates
- Correct loading indicator text (opens new window)
- Update to jackson 2.15.0 (opens new window)
- Upgrade spring-security to 5.8.3 (opens new window)
- PluginGroups Feature Flag Defaults to true (opens new window)
- Select Runner For Adhoc Command (opens new window)
- Fix: Exception handling in job validation with queue+secureOpts (opens new window)
- Fix: Updated vue-moment dependency to latest moment version (opens new window)
- Upgrade spring-core CVE-2023-20863 (opens new window)
- Fix: Misplaced SCM Tooltip on Job Show (opens new window)
- Fix: Remove WARN message in service.log related to SSO (opens new window)
- Fix: NPE Job Retry with No Failed Nodes (opens new window)
- Fix: Remove Webhook Debug Data (opens new window)
- Fix: Job definition load does not preserve option value ordering (opens new window)
- RES-288: SCM plugin does not release .pack files from ScmExport folder (opens new window)
- Enh: add multiple node wizard sources (opens new window)
- Fix: Enable schedules from project settings don't work as expected in clustermode (opens new window)
Here is a link to the full list of public PRs (opens new window)
# Community Contributors
Submit your own Pull Requests to get recognition here!
# Staff Contributors
- Greg Schueler (gschueler (opens new window))
- Alberto Hormazabal Cespedes (ahormazabal (opens new window))
- Alexander Abarca (alexander-variacode (opens new window))
- Antony Velasquez Ruiz (avelasquezr (opens new window))
- Carlos Eduardo (carlosrfranco (opens new window))
- Christopher McCarroll-Gilbert (chrismcg14 (opens new window))
- Darwis Narvaez (DarwisNarvaezDev (opens new window))
- Eric He (ehe-pd (opens new window))
- Forrest Evans (fdevans (opens new window))
- Imad Jafir (imad6639 (opens new window))
- Jake Cohen (jsboak (opens new window))
- Jason Brooks (jbrookspd (opens new window))
- Jesus Osuna (Jesus-Osuna-M (opens new window))
- Leonel Juarez (L2JE (opens new window))
- Luis Toledo (ltamaster (opens new window))
- Osman Albarran (Oalbarran94 (opens new window))
- Rodrigo Navarro (ronaveva (opens new window))
- Stephen Joyner (sjrd218 (opens new window))