# Google Cloud Example Project
Google Cloud consists of a set of physical assets, such as computers and hard disk drives, and virtual resources, such as virtual machines (VMs), that are contained in Google's data centers around the globe.
Read more about Google Cloud here. (opens new window)
This How To will highlight some of the key steps to configuring the Google Cloud plugins included in our Process Automation version. The background for these steps is covered in detail on Google's support site here: Creating and Managing Service Account Keys (opens new window).
This How To is based on the Process Automation Welcome Projects.
- Rundeck Welcome Project version 1.5
(Process Automation 3.4.4 is min product version)
- Administrative access to a Google Cloud environment
- Create at least one Virtual Machine Instance (opens new window) and note which Zone it is created in.
# Authentication & Configuration
Follow the steps outlined in the Google Cloud Integration Overview doc to configure credentials for the GCP plugins. Credentials can be configured on a per Project basis or for the entire Process Automation system.
# Configuring Process Automation
# Confirming GCP Plugins are working
- Navigate to the Nodes section in the Welcome to Rundeck project.
- Search for nodes using
If your Node Source is configured correctly and there are VMs in the configured zone they will be listed in the Nodes list.
# Job Steps
After confirming Nodes are being listed choose one that can safely be restarted. Choose wisely
- Navigate to the Jobs section in the Welcome to Rundeck project.
- Open Cloud Services > GCP > Node Steps > VM and choose Restart VM Instance.
- Select the node to be restarted and click Run Job Now.