# Enterprise Quickstart
# What is Rundeck Enterprise?
Rundeck Enterprise is the enterprise-ready edition of Rundeck, the most popular open-source runbook automation solution. More details about the features that distinguish Enterprise from our Open Source version are covered here.
# How can I try out Rundeck Enterprise?
Note: this setup is meant for evaluating Rundeck on your local workstation. For a guide to setting up Rundeck Enterprise in production see Installation.
- Visit our Download Site and get the latest rundeckpro-enterprise-3.3.10-20210301.war file.
- Once the download is finished verify that the file's checksum matches the expected checksum:
shasum -a 1 ~/Downloads/rundeckpro-enterprise-3.3.10-20210301.war
- Run the
java -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx1024m -jar ~/Downloads/rundeckpro-enterprise-3.3.10-20210301.war
- Once you see something similar to following log output, you know the server is ready:
Grails application running at http://0.0.0.0:4440 in environment: production
- Navigate to http://localhost:4440/ in a browser
- Log in with the username admin and password admin
Rundeck Enterprise is now running on your workstation for you to evaluate!
If you'd like assistance or more help feel free to reach out at: https://www.rundeck.com/see-demo
# Encrypted key/config storage
Encrypted key/config storage enabled by default. The default encryption algorithm is stronger than the “Default JCE Policy” used in earlier versions of Java.
Note: If you receive an error message about encryption policy strength with creating projects or keys you will need to upgrade your Java version, or set the encryption algorithm in
rundeck-config.properties to a lower strength algorithm such as
Further information about encrypted key/config storage on this link.
# What is next?
Next, learn how to create your first Rundeck Enterprise project